Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Remembering our summer holiday

Remembering our summer holiday
L.I. - Writing to recount
Writing using language features to engage readers


Complete these sentences about an event over the summer holiday. Don’t tell us what the event
was just give us enough information that we can know for ourselves.

I heard exhausted kids begging for a refreshing cold dessert.
I felt chilliness run through my spine like it was winter.
I saw over 10 people ahead of me.
I felt like I was in Antarctica just waiting in line.
I heard names being called out in a big loud voice.
I wondered if my name would be pronounced wrong.
I wondered if the flavor I chose would taste nice. Photo by : max pixel CC.0 domain

This week for writing Mrs Kirk Patrick & Mrs Anderson sent us a document leading to a recount we
are suppose to fill in. They gave us seven starts to a sentence. Our topic for our recounts has to
be what you did during your summer holidays. My topic is going to the ice cream shop. In
my recount it talks about How I felt,What i heard , Who I saw & What I wondered.
Once I got it checked by my teacher I was able to give a photo related to my topic.
I then got to blog my work. What I like about my recount was to use language features.
While I found a photo for my recount I had to find a attribution leading to who it was by & if it was free to use.
Image result for Ice cream shop

No comments:

Post a Comment